HTML5 introduces a number of new elements and attributes that helps in building a modern websites. Following are great features introduced in HTML5.
- New Semantic Elements: These are like <header>, <footer>, and <section>.
- Forms 2.0: Improvements to HTML web forms where new attributes have been introduced for <input> tag.
- Persistent Local Storage: To achieve without resorting to third-party plugins.
- WebSocket : A a next-generation bidirectional communication technology for web applications.
- Server-Sent Events: HTML5 introduces events which flow from web server to the web browsers and they are called Server-Sent Events (SSE).
- Audio & Video: You can embed audio or video on your web pages without resorting to third-party plugins.
- Geolocation: Now visitors can choose to share their physical location with your web application.
- Microdata: This lets you create your own vocabularies beyond HTML5 and extend your web pages with custom semantics.
- Drag and drop: Drag and drop the items from one location to another location on a the same webpage.